June 2021 - U.S. Stock market is my new Friend




 S&P500 is now back  at a new All Time High, and so is Dow Jones Industrial Average and the Tech Heavy Nasdaq. Well basically all 3 major US indices are 🚀🚀 to the moon. 

S&P500 June 2021

S&P500 steadily inch upwards before taking a breather and dropping back to the 50 Moving Average for a day then bounce back and continue its upward ascent repeatedly making new all time high. This pisses me off so much, not because my portfolio took a dip, but I miss buying SPY when the dip happen cause I did not update my Limit order. So now my self managed ETF portfolio is still missing SPY.

S&P500 dip and I missed it by a few $ 😑

Anyway, After a dissapointing performance by my favourite blue chips MAGAF for May. Most Big Tech went on a Bull run gaining >5%. And the stocks there are doing badly this June, are the Finance stock that was quite a hype in the past months. So you see, you keep chasing the hot new stocks that's mentioned in the news, sure you might make some money initially, but chances are those hype stocks are going to go down soon. 


Remember, never base your investing decision on news, don't invest just because everybody is buying, Go against the crowd, buy those UNDERVALUED, GREAT businesses that are being shunned by retail investors. Like BABA, which is clearly undervalued but continues to be beaten down, no idea when that is going back up, but since it is still a great business, so chances are they will return eventually. Think of investing as owning a business, you wouldn't want to own shitty company that seems popular but has horrible financials.

June 2021 Performance (+7.51% vs +2.22%)



Stayed positive for the Month of June and then runs up towards the end of the month, and this gain was apparently boosted by the exchange rate. Investment is in USD, and I track performance in SGD, so there was extra gain of close to 2% thanks to the strengthening of USD against SGD.




Value Stocks (8.91% vs +2.22%)



After underperforming for past 2 months, my value stocks finally rallied together with the rotation into Big tech.  The gain are also partly from the Options play that I was forced to put into this account because stupid me, my other account is hit by the PDT rule. (If you have a <25k USD account and want to open/close positions on the same trading day, please be aware of this).

Options (+11.9%  & -9.34% vs +2.22%)


Uhhm, I don't get it, the 2 options account perform the opposite of each other. For some reason, most options I do in that particular account will end up losing in a major way, while those I do in the 2nd account will do well and bring in profits.

Anyway, 80% of my options is just copy trading. It's hard to open up my laptop when market opens because thats the time my kids are getting ready for bed. Now I am getting too lazy to do my own research, reading charts, finding good trades. I just read and follow whatever I got from my subscriptions. It's called Leveraging on others' skill. 😝 



 2021 YTD Performance





My Portfolio is finally hitting a new All time high! +24.4%, vs S&P500  +14.4%. As can be seen from the detailed performance, Value stocks perform more consistently and continue climbing up. Whereas Options is still rather inconsistent especially the First Account. Overall, still above my target of 2%/month, so all is good. 

Wife YTD Performance


Wife's portfolio is doing great this month, finally overtook the growth of S&P500 index. Way above the promised return of 1% a month. Maybe I'll just give her the promised return and keep the extra..  think she'll notice? 👀 

That's it for June 2021. I have to do a report on the 1st half of 2021 next. 
Oh by the way, I just signed up for a property investment course as  I look to diversify into physical assets. Not cheap, but this course is highly recommended by a friend. We'll see how it goes.

Hope all you investors also manage to hit a new high this June and beat the index!


Remember Ferry is not a licenced financial advisor , so do you your own due diligence! Provided data are purely based on historical records and may not guarantee future results. Follow me at your own Risk! 

 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Investing is NOT GAMBLING

Ferrying Sense to your Mind & $$ to your Pocket

How to make sure you can pay for your children's University Fees.