Ferrying Sense to your Mind & $$ to your Pocket


This blog will document my financial journey and probably some other ramblings. Would like to thank and dedicate this to my wife who is the sole inspiration of why i started documenting my journey. Because...



 I truly hope that she read my writings, start taking financial literacy more seriously and grow her wealth herself. I eagerly look forward to the day i become a millionaire so i can go to the Wife "SEE! I TOLD YOU IT WORKS." Then i go buy my BMW vrooom 🚘  That is my main motivation to achieve financial independence ðŸ˜ˆ Hmm? what about my family? OH Right!  I generate wealth so i can provide a comfortable life for my wife and children. 

I also hope that whoever is reading this can learn something and if you ended up being abit wiser and recognise the importance of FINANCIAL LITERACY my job here is done.


Why the name?

Because my name is Ferry duuh. The reason sense comes before $$ is because Psychology plays a MAJOR part in investing, money is just the end result. Remember this! Very important! 


A Brief History

I have always been frugal all my life and this has helped me build my savings effortlessly when i finally started working and earning income. Well, that and the fact that i got no 'life' 😂 (according to the wife). 

Now the problem comes when i ended up getting Married to said WIFE and ended up with 3 offsprings, before i decide to adopt a more 'permanent' solution, but that is a story for another time. So yeah with 4 dependents on my shoulder, my savings stopped growing and started depleting with all the holidays we have to go, childcare fees, and many many more expenses associated with having a family. 

That's when i started looking around for other solutions to grow my wealth, and of course the solution comes in investing. Mutual funds and fixed deposit weren't cutting it so i started looking at the stock market, watching and trying to learn from countless Youtube videos. I thought "how hard could it be right? i am after all an ENGINEER!" 

stock market memes 35

After dabbling for a few months in the Indonesia stock market, i was getting nowhere and my capital was slowly bleeding away. So i decided to sought further education and picked up a random Indonesian Stock market youtuber i barely know to try and get more knowledge -> http://hadijie.blogspot.com/  After following his stock picks for a month, i went and take the plunge and went for his 2 days crash course. That forms the basic, where i learned the importance of risk management, position sizing and discipline in trading. 


Fast forward the start of 2020, I decided to migrate back to Singapore to work due to family commitments. I wasn't very happy with Indonesian market as a whole, everything was just going sideway. Again i started looking around for better prospects, lamenting to the wife about this and actually considering investing in Singapore Market. One fine day, Wife suddenly forwarded me a Free preview to Adam Khoo's course she chanced while browsing the net. That is what i call "Divine Intervention." From the preview class i was convinced that my answer lies in the US market and China/ HK. I was sold and immediately signed up for the five day crash course "Wealth Academy." It definitely wasn't cheap but trust me, nothing good comes for free, and if  there is a possibility that this course can shorten my learning curve, i am doing it. Because TIME is our most valuable asset.

Free advertisement for Adam Khoo -> https://www.akltg.com/programmes/wealthacademy/

I only have good things to say about that course, really catered for someone with zero knowledge. It is definitely not about how to get rich quick, through the course i was equiped with actionable strategies and knowledge. I finished the course end March 2020, right before the whole Covid -19 situation took turn for the worse in Singapore. I was then ready to take the plunge to a whole different investing world. Now if you have been following the market closely you'd know that the Covid-19 Market Bottom happened in 23rd March.

So then i put my entire life's saving into US market and made 50+% in profits by August 2020!!

I WISH, but No i didn't.. I  was still very wary of the market going down further with all the doomsday scenario cooked up by the news. I only started actively trading end April-early May, and missed a good part of the rally.

Now feel free to follow my journey and if all goes well i would be a millionaire by the time i am 40 Years old!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Investing is NOT GAMBLING

How to make sure you can pay for your children's University Fees.