April 2021 Report - Should've just gone Full Crypto

All hail the Dogefather


Doge coin is going to the moon, giving a YTD return of more than 100x that's 10000% return! If only I am crazy enough to go full crypto and also be able to  sleep peacefully at night 😅

Speaking of Crypto,  I am trying out DFI token, more info here: Cake DFI

At 100+% APY I just couldn't resist. part of DeFI Chain, team looks legit, I have marginal understanding of the whole Decentralised finance of cryptocurrency, so don't ask me for details.

Anyway  like any investment, Don't just look at the potential profit, Always ask what is the RISK? For crypto, I think 80-90% loss is possible, because to me there is no fundamentals backing it, of course crypto expert may argue otherwise, but their definition of fundamentals tends to be different from the usual stock fundamentals. I've dumped $500 about a month ago now it is valued at $620. Not the best kind of investment considering the risk, and I think the whole Crypto is in a bubble, but when that bubble pops? Noone knows, Might go on for more years, so I personally feel getting exposed to Crypto would be a strategic move. That said, I am HODL on BTC, ETH and I limit My allocation for crypto remains at around 5% of my total portfolio.

Anyway, the Stock market continues on its bullish path upwards making new high. The Major tech stock reported earnings this month, and had amazing results. Amazon, Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Apple jumped this month. Did my Portfolio follows?

S&P500 April 2021 Performance


April 2021 Performance


April was a very close fight, managed to barely beat the index (+5.46% vs 5.24%). And as can be seen from the detailed breakdown, it is my options account that rescue my portfolio this month.


Value Stocks (+3.51% vs +5.24%)

My Value stocks underperform this month. Despite the stellar performance by MAGAF stocks, my portfolio continues to be dragged down thanks to the underperforming China/HK market. Stocks such as Alibaba, Tencent, JD are making lower low, they are undervalued so I just have to be patient and constantly remind myself that this is a Long term investment.


Options (+13.99%  & +11.88% vs +5.24%)

As the market do well this month, so is my Options play, which definitely helps to boost my return this month. Employing more bullish strategies such as diagonal spread and bull put spread. 

 2021 YTD Performance



Overall Portfolio YTD return is still holding reasonably well at +16.4%, vs S&P500  +11.3%. Value stocks are doing reasonably well, Options play are turning for the better this month. I just hope we are on the right track back to profitability.

Wife YTD Performance


Wife's portfolio is doing ok this month, It is still above the promised return of 1% a month but we are actually below the index. In related news, I am happy to report that Wife has realised the folly of parking money in the bank. She has entrusted the same amount to her sister the Crypto expert, and within 10 days, she has managed to get  >+30%. 
Maybe i have chosen the wrong path, should have gone full crypto instead hahah. It is ridiculous that my crypto position has almost tripled while my Stocks struggle to maintain double digit return. Hope the Bull run in crypto continues!

Remember Ferry is not a licenced financial advisor , so do you your own due diligence! Provided data are purely based on historical records and may not guarantee future results. Follow me at your own Risk! 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Investing is NOT GAMBLING

Ferrying Sense to your Mind & $$ to your Pocket

How to make sure you can pay for your children's University Fees.