January 2021 Report - My πŸ’ŽπŸ™ŒπŸ» gets me Tendies! To the MOONπŸš€πŸš€πŸš€

 


January has been a weird month I've decided to follow WallStreetBets reddit and went YOLO on Gamestop together with the Apes and Retards on WSB.

Just kidding, by the time i heard of GME, the price has shot up to $200, peaked at $483 and $90 by the end of January. I am rooting for those Apes & Retards (that's what they call themselves)  on WSB, hope GME do fly and they make their money. I am not joining though, my fragile heart can't take the roller coaster ride. What was worrying is that quite a number of newbie investor YOLO-ed their live savings in near the peak, even taking loans/ credits in the hope of getting rich quick, like this poor guy.


If you are new to the stock market, please please don't buy stocks just because of hype or someone told you it is good, even if that guy works in the finance industry and seems to know his stuff! Do your own DUE DILLIGENCE, and RISK MANAGEMENT. Diversify your portfolio, position size, and limit your risk. If you want to survive in stock market you have to remember Investing is a Marathon not a Sprint

But hey,  what do I know, you could always join the Apes on WSB and hope to strike it rich with the next GME.

You do You

Oh I did Bought into AMC and NOK because of the hype, failed to sell at the peak and the current position is as follows:

See despite all my preaching, I don't listen to myself and sometimes my itchy hand will throw away money for nothing. That's $200 i will never get back πŸ˜‚


Anyway to The US Market!


 S&P500 Continues into January 2021 with a strong bullish momentum from 2020, repeatedly breaking new all time high, and See that gap between the candles and the 50 Moving Average(in blue) ? You can tell that a correction will come eventually. and it did, Exactly at month End, the index dropped about 3% back to its 50 Moving Average. S&P500 Month-to-Date for January is at -1.11%.

January 2021 Performance




I am quite impressed actually  (+8.39% gain VS -1.10% Index)πŸ’ŽπŸ™ŒπŸ» pretty good result for the start of the year. I am starting to wonder, am I really doing things right? or is my gains are mainly due to the market being Bullish. As my teacher always says, "In a bullish market, even Blind one legged monkey can make money." πŸ˜… 

Let's see which strategy contributes to the gains.


Value Stocks (+8.11% vs -1.11%)


My Value stocks remains consistently profitable, boosted with some Options play like  Diagonal Spreads on MSFT and FB. Nothing stands out this month, i've added some position on undervalued stocks like LMT, PG, and grabbed some MCD too.


Swing Trade (-2.70% vs -1.11%)

😫My Short term swing trade is again the worst performer of the month. Trades i've entered seems stagnant and tend to hit stop loss after awhile. Time to reevaluate this.


Options (+19.23% vs -1.11%)


😏 Now this! I hope this actually means I am really getting a hang of options. 90% of my strategy revolves around Bull Put Spread with about 80% winning Rate. Will continue to see if I can be consistent with this.


Performance since Inception




Swing Trade Analysis



Due to the abysmal performance of my Swing trade performance, I have decided to take a deeper look at my past records of past 9 Months trades And the results is as follows.

With my R being set at 1%, meaning in 9 months of trading I have entered 167 trades and only managed to get 6% Return. This is horrible compared to my Value stocks and Options strategy!
After some consideration I have decided to....

I'll be retiring my Swing Trades and Starting from February onwards I will be utilising the capital into my Options play instead. And this is why it is important to keep a proper records of your trades, you will know what works, your past mistakes, and how to tweak your weak area and improve your return. That said, my record keeping is horrible, there are still days where I forgot and missed out some trades. πŸ˜… In fact, to tell you the truth, my options strategy only has proper records from December onwards πŸ™ˆ.

🀞🀞Well I am off to a decent start and I hope this 2021 everyone's Portfolio are going TO THE MOON!! πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€



Remember Ferry is not a licenced financial advisor so do you your own due diligence! Provided data are purely based on historical records and may not guarantee future results. Follow me at your own Risk! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ferrying Sense to your Mind & $$ to your Pocket

I ended up living in Rental despite owning a Property in Singapore, and that is a good thing!

September 2020 Report - My profits got wiped out